Established in 2018, the CITRIS Policy Lab supports interdisciplinary technology policy research and engagement in the interest of society. The CITRIS Policy lab offers a variety of services to help build researchers’ capacity to effectively translate research to address broader impact goals, especially to inform public policy. We assist researchers to identify and develop strategies to operationalize their findings to inform public policy, build partnerships with key stakeholders, and create outreach materials that effectively communicate the impact of their work.
- Developing appropriate policy recommendations for the public and private sectors
- Strategizing appropriate methods to communicate research and policy recommendations for maximum impact
- Assist in writing policy memos and briefs
- Assist in developing white papers, op-eds, one-pagers, slide decks and other outreach materials to inform policy
- In collaboration with the EDGE in Tech Initiative at UC, assist principal investigators in drafting plans to enhance diversity in the selection of organizing committees, speakers, and other invited participants, such as session chairs, panel discussants, and attendees.
- Working with CITRIS Productions to create effective videos